Tuesday, February 23, 2010

An Invitation To Do Something "Crazy" During Lent

This post is most especially for the youth of Aldersgate.

As we continue through the 40 days of Lent, I know that many of you have decided to give things up for Lent. Some are giving up candy, caffeine, your favorite soda, favorite food, etc.
That's cool.
But I wonder, do you wanna do something crazy?

Unplug! Unplug yourself during Lent! Facebook, email, ipods, blogs (even this one!), texting (I told you it was crazy!!!), surfing the web, etc. I dare you! Try to do this even just one day a week during the rest of the season of Lent. One day a week were you are not available to those things that you so easily and thoughtlessly give yourself to nearly every hour of every day.

And then, use that time that you would normally be socially networking to connect with God or to serve those in need. I dare you!
It was mother Teresa who told us that if we are never quiet, if we never experience silence, than we will never hear God's small voice speaking to us. So unplug yourself during this season of learning to live sacrificially.

Any one out there crazy enough to take me up on it?

I dare you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger